Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Surprise!


Link

It has been a year since Mark and I became engaged... he proposed on Sunday, December 19, 2010... one of the best decisions that we have made in our lives. Being married to one's best friend is one of the greatest blessings in life and our love continues to grow each and every day.

A week ago, I was in tears and didn't believe that we would have the living room painted in time for us to decorate for Christmas. I told Mark that the one thing that I really wanted for Christmas was to be able to decorate and have the spirit of Christmas in our home. We worked really hard over the weekend to finish the first coat of paint, but still questioned if there was enough time as Christmas is only a week away.

Last night, we planned to celebrate our one-year anniversary with a quiet evening at home and watch "It's a Wonderful Life." Yet, plans changed.

To my surprise, I came home to find a Christmas tree in our living room and we spent the night putting lights on it. Mark had pulled the artificial tree out of the back corner in our garage and put it up while I was still at work. I am truly blessed to be married to Mark... he is such a thoughtful and caring man... and I LOVE HIM sooo much. Happy Anniversary, Babes!!!

No comments: