Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mark's Present to Me

Mark was busy last week. Unbeknownst to me, he was leaving work early... and not only to surprise me by getting the house decorated. He was also making my Christmas present... a wooden shelf for the bathroom. Knowing how much I embrace my Danish heritage, he searched the internet for a Danish design to put on the shelf and found the woven heart....

I LOVE IT! I held the shelf in my arms as if it were a baby and kept looking at it. Mark keeps telling me that it is a simple shelf, but it means a lot to me. I will always cherish this shelf, because he cared enough to make something that he felt I could use and search the internet for an appropriate Danish design to put on it... a design that is very symbolic of my heritage and important to me. His gift melted my heart... I love him so much!!!

No comments: