Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paper Anniversary

Last night, Mark and I were talking about how it seems too soon to be celebrating our one year anniversary. Shouldn't it still be a few months away? Afterall, we are still working on the house and haven't written most of our thank you cards yet.

Even so, we will be celebrating our one year anniversary on Sunday. I still think it is funny that our one month anniversary fell on Mother's Day and now our one year will be on Easter. At the same time, I am excited to be celebrating our anniversary on Easter and remember the sacrifices that Christ have made for me... and the sacrifices that are made in a marriage.

As for our plans, we are still trying to figure that out. So far, our ideas are to do one of the following: spend the weekend at a Bed & Breakfast near a temple, a hot air balloon ride, attend a play, staying home to work on the house, or doing something else. Of course, we will also be eating the wedding cake that was placed in our freezer while we were on our honeymoon... hoping it isn't freezer burned.

While searching the internet for ideas on celebrating our first anniversary, I found this meaning for the 1st year (paper) anniversary and really liked it...

[Paper, the first anniversary,] symbolizes the strength in paper that
comes from the interlaced connection of the paper's individual threads.
(http://marriage.about.com/od/1stweddinganniversary/p/1anniv.htm)

I love the symbolism of the individual threads being brought together to create the paper... just like the two individuals come together to create their union (marriage). Now that I understand the meaning of a paper anniversary, I am thinking of ways to incorporate paper into our celebration this weekend :)

No comments: